In today’s episode, we visit Suzanna Leff, one of the cofounders of Finca Amrta, a permaculture farm in the South Pacific region of Costa Rica.
Suzanna has been running her volunteer program for over 30 years and has been able to keep it full, almost exclusively by word of mouth.
We discuss topics like, how to find volunteer managers and administrative support, helping guests find their passions, and how to keep people engaged and happy.
We've created a downloadable PDF to offer you a list of tips you can implement to enhance your volunteer program. Download here: https://regenerationnationcr.com/volunteer-programs
This episode is brought to you by, well, YOU!
I haven’t built up my audience enough to have attracted sponsors and all that, so even though it’s the holiday season, you get to support the show without my selling you stuff.
Isn’t that great!
So, instead of buying an organic cotton shirt or an online course, maybe you can just buy me a coffee!
Go to https://ko-fi.com/sharinginsights to drop a few dollars in the bucket and let me know you care.
To follow more of Finca Amrta’s adventures in homesteading, check out:
The companion video to this episode, where we explore her organic gardens, greenhouse, and food dryer – https://youtu.be/3WOeAYZlKjE
- Finca Amrta’s Website – http://fincaamrta.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/fincaamrta/
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Other recommendations from Suzanna:
- Nonviolent Communication Training – https://www.cnvc.org/
- Volunteer Latin America – https://www.volunteerlatinamerica.com/
If you enjoy the podcast, make sure to subscribe and leave a rating and short review wherever you listen to podcasts.
It takes less than a minute, and it really makes a difference in helping to spread the word about our mission to others looking to improve their own projects.
Special thanks to Ariel Poltronieri for editing this episode!
- Music: Rite of Passage by Kevin MacLeod
- Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/4291-rite-of-passage
- License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/