This interview, with Meghan Casey of the Chilamate Rainforest Eco Retreat, is the kind of conversation that can change the fabric of a project’s relationship with its region and neighbors.
We discuss community outreach projects that anyone can do, including:
- teaching English
- promoting cooking classes and
- homestay/farm stay experiences
for guests to have authentic cultural experiences with the locals.
We also talked about organizing cacao and coffee tours, raising children in such a work-life situation, and so much more!
If you’ve wondered how to effectively provide value to your outer community, create goodwill, and foster regional resiliency, this episode is for you!
We've prepared a PDF to offer you a shortlist of some things that you can do to create goodwill and resilience in your community.
You can download it right here.
To follow more of Chilamate Rainforest Eco-Retreat’s adventures in community outreach and micro-business creation, check them out at their:
- Website – https://www.chilamaterainforest.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ChilamateRainforest/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/meghan.chilamaterainforest
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/chilamaterainforestretreat/
Also, be sure to check out Meghan’s free video guiding you to Experience Forest Therapy at: https://youtu.be/N0EY3mZs-Cc
Other recommendations from Meghan:
- Rainforest Alliance: https://www.rainforest-alliance.org/
- Hungry Planet photobook: https://amzn.to/2RB776H
- World Leadership School: https://worldleadershipschool.com/
- Teach United: https://www.teachunited.org/
This episode is brought to you by, well, YOU! I haven’t built up my audience enough to have attracted sponsors and all that, so instead of buying an organic cotton shirt or an online course, maybe you can just buy me a coffee!
Go to https://ko-fi.com/sharinginsights to drop a few dollars in the bucket and let me know you care.
You can now also visit our website’s Resources page to find lots of great information and products that many have found to make their lives better. Visit: https://sharinginsights.net/resources
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider leaving a short review on Apple podcasts or wherever you listen. It takes less than a minute, and it really makes a difference in helping to spread the word about our mission to others looking to improve their own projects.
Special thanks to Peter Mukuru for editing this episode!
Music: Rite of Passage by Kevin MacLeod